The first time I tried to bake a Baileys and chocolate cake I could hardly taste the Baileys. So I went back to the drawing board and found this highly recommended recipe below. It’s so moist and the alcohol is not too strong. Giving you the choice to add a Baileys with mascarpone frosting. Just a great after dinner dessert.
Plus added bonus it’s so easy to make and you could do it without an electric whisk.
2 cups plain flour
1 & 3/4 cups sugar
3/4 cup cocoa powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon baking powder
2/3 cup oil
3/4 cup buttermilk
1/4 cup Baileys
1 cup strong coffee
50g icing sugar
1-2 tablespoons of Baileys
1. Preheat the oven to 165 degrees Celsius and grease your baking tray.
2. Mix all the dry ingredients together
3. In a separate bowl mix all the wet ingredients together
4. Sieve the dry ingredients into the wet mixture. Mix well together.
5. Put in your greased baking tray and put in the oven for about 30-35 minutes. If using a deep cake tin check after 40 minutes if ready.
1. So easy just mix all the ingredients together